At least they're trying..

Alright then...
So I got one of those forward e-mails (which I usually ignore unless the person who sent it instant messaged me and asked me to open it) and I was really happy with what I found. This was taken in "The Mall of the Emirates".


Which translates:
Picture 1: Please wear decent clothing (which cover the shoulders and knees for example)
Picture 2: Please do not kiss or show romantic feelings in front of everyone and please do not drink alcoholic beverages).

If you've lived in the Emirates you'd understand why such "drastic measures" have been taken. When you go to the mall, you REALLY can't raise your head from the floor (and no it's not because of the astonishing cleanness of the floor -it really is clean-), it's because you'd hurt your eyes with the scenes you'd see.

A huge majority of foreigners live in Dubai (Europeans, Australians, Americans, South Africans, etc..) and they tend to think that they can force their lifestyle on other people who don't exactly except things that easily. I mean really, what's fun about showing people that you aren't wearing undergarments? I know they don't MEAN to do that, it's just how they wear their clothes... but you've gotta respect the country you're in, the culture, the customs and the PEOPLE. I'm glad that the officials are at last "trying" to do something.

I try to avoid going to malls as much as I can... but I can't stand not checking out the latest electronics and books! *Walks with head to the floor and bumps into everyone in the way*. So, if you live here, or if you ever visit the UAE.. remember, look sky high or down low for the safety of your eyes!

Over and out!

*Note: Thanks to my girl Tara for pushing this one forward.
9 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    OKAY .. first of all thx for mentioning ma name on ur blog .. it's my honor !! nd bout this e-mail. probably one of the best forward junk i ever got ( u no how it is , BS bein forwarded) but this one is good .. to tell u the truth i love sth called mall of the emirates but i havent been there lately, i went like 3 weeks ago in RAMADAN i didnt c anything like this list of rules !! nd ppl were naked !! (LOL nt literaly). SO i donno if ppl r actually gonna follow the rules !! nd i'll try to go this weekend (steal sum time from skool) nd see ppl there, all with abaya nd SHELLA ?? or gettin worse?? (with bikkini).. LOL peace out


  2. Halawa Says:

    Don't you thank me Miss Tara! *smacks Tara on her neck :p*

    Nice combination... Ramadan + Naked people *smirks* 7abbet....

    One of the girls in my bus went there on the 2nd day of El Eid and the sign was up... I asked her: Soooo... is it working:D? She cracked up with a pffffffffhahahahaha YA RIGHT!

    Allah Yehdina!


  3. Anonymous Says:

    heeey 7alwa ;)

    i read what u said about ( emarites mall) lo0ol u r 100 percent right cause really this is what happened there !
    i hope to be better not only in malls but also in our life and our way of thinking

    c yaa sweety ;)
    mwaaa7


  4. Anonymous Says:

    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

    i wonder what they'll write in jordan's mecca mall LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

    "please don't forget to dress the 3gal or the 5alaga"


  5. Anonymous Says:

    You sound like a very positive person. The problem with most of us muslims is that we are experts in criticizing just for the sake of criticizm. We want everything to be perfect but we forget that even the head of a house finds it difficult to control his family & yet expects the head of the states to fix everything for them.

    Yes there are many negatives which have cropped up here all of a sudden but the good thing is that at least the government is trying to correct the wrongs.

    By the way, thank you for leaving so many comments on my blog, they really made my day :-D


  6. That’s a great move in Dubai. Yeah, people need to know. :-P hehehhe. . .I am trying to think, , , , are there people walking with Bikini/ or underwear @ emirates Mall?
    If I see 2 kissing, Id be like "Hey, lovey dovies, get a room" I am a believer of FREEDOM, but NOT in public. . discreetness is great


  7. Anonymous Says:

    well 3njad we need shi zai hik 3shan 2l maw9'oo3 9air over o ma 7ada bisti7i so lazim 7ada ywa2ifhom 3nd 7adhom... sa7..???


  8. Anonymous Says:

    btw it's me hodhod abu 7ijleh 7ala


  9. Whatever Says:

    It's really good.. I wish the no smoking thing is applied in KSA too.. I just hate smoking =/