My Adventurous August

Okay okay, I'm good at postponing things, people who don't follow my blog regularly (88.8% of you) wouldn't notice though since I realized just now that my posts don't carry date tags... Suckers! *blinks*. Do excuse that, I'm fasting; simultaneously keeping up with +2 topics can be quite a challenge at the moment.

August was really fun this year, whether it was the "Know Your Country Tours" my uncle would take us on, or the heart-stopping, make-your-temple-throb restaurant-bill dining, or getting sprayed with a stray McDonald ketchup packet while jogging thanks to random fumbling feet and late night sleepovers with my cousins that included all sorts of movies ranging from the best of the box office to poorly-directed, shitty-dialogued British indies.


Translated: Welcome here (Jordanian dialect)



Qasr Al Harraneh (there was a camera crew shooting those Visit Jordan videos, my uncle was capable of messing up their best shooting moments by peeping through the castle door while they were zooming in XD)



Al Harraneh Castle



Qasr Amra



It was what you may call a high-end bath back in the days


We also happened to attend Jadal's album release.. they're a Jordanian Arabic Rock Band, really worth listening to if you're willing to hear something new.. not your typical 7abibi/7ayati/ya 3eini ya leil/amoot/anta7ir music that everyone's singing nowadays. Let me add, I don't listen to Arabic music with an exception to this band.. so try them out.


Left to right: Rami (vocalist), Mahmoud (guitarist) & Laith (drummer) from Jadal.. More photos here.

It was all fun until my summer got cut and I suddenly had to leave to the UAE thanks to an issue I'll will lengthily blog about in the posts to come. Just to give you a heads up; I, Velvet The Great (ignore that again please, remember, I'm fasting) who studied my butt off during my senior year of high school (Tawjihi / Thanawieh 3amme) and got 96.4% Scientific stream (and gained a good few *cough* kilos) was no longer considered an over-achieving student. On the contrary, I was just like any other drop-out or failure of a student who didn't study worth a rat's ass... And I couldn't get The English Language and Literature (not MEDICINE) seat I was positive I'd get with my feet crossed up on a table... Like I said, I'll get to that issue in a future post.


Back to the UAE

So I left to study at the Super Uni (as my cousin calls it)..


Orientation at "The Super Uni"

Buuuuutttt....




I'm back in Jordan now.

To be continued...
8 Responses
  1. Neelam Says:

    wow...hala girl i can tell u had some adventure...going to Jordan then going back to UAE then going back to Jordan...was is this! some race lol, better than being sat on ur ass at home throughout the summer...like me :P

    but mashAllah its nice to be reading ur blog...it looks great :)
    keep it up
    xoxox


  2. Neelam Says:

    oh and another thing...the pics look fantastic!


  3. Unknown Says:

    Hala-ness! I want to listen to the rest of this. Keep blogging away! I'm glad that everything turned out alright.

    I love the fact that your uncle took you around the country.

    P.S. Don't forget to mention the awesome friend you met. -Ehm, Ehm-


  4. El Hazard Says:

    Lol. Sorry, I couldnt help but laugh :P We'll be Uni City mates ;) Have fun at AUS :P


  5. Unknown Says:

    Must, must, must get to know you, El Hazrad. Count of Monte Cristo, tennis, anime, and tv shows. Hmmmm!Looks like we've got a lot in common.


  6. Halawa Says:

    Neelam ~ Thanks for passing by =) Glad you liked the post.

    Shaima-ness XD ~ I'll continue part two out of it once I become motivated enough =p.. but since you've got your eyes on the blog now.. better get my game together XD. Someone knows of the date tags now :P Of course of course! The awesome friend I met Ms. Shaima.. one of the greatest happenings lol.

    El Hazard ~ We WERE going to be, but now I'm back in Jordan so...


  7. El Hazard Says:

    My *almost* uni city mate ;) Dont forget to blog about ur uni experience over there =)

    Shaima drop me a line or something on my blog with ur address - email or otherwise. I like meeting new online ppl :P


  8. Anonymous Says:

    Missy!!!!!!
    This is my favourite post so far!!!! You counted most part of your summer in such a funny way!!! You forgot to coment the wands... but anyway I liked it!!!! The getting sprayed with ketchup was one of the top moments this summer jajaja I can't stop laughing about it!!!!
    About the sleepover.... you own me some... jajaja Don't worry I'll remind you...!!!

    Hey the movies topic... I think it's better to be opened to almost every type of movies!!! You see, Speak and How to be are same indie kind of movies, the thing is that you liked more one than the other, I prefer Speak more too but How to be has it's meaning... Don't hate, appreciate....!!!! ;-P

    But the best of the box office were amazing though!!!!!!

    Oooohhh what about the singing sessions???!!!! They were awesome too!!!!!

    Great summer, it should have been longer and less accidented (going and coming)....!!!!!

    Te quiero y te echo de menos mucho!!!!!!

    XD <3

    Layla.